Tuesday 29 July 2008

My grammar weaknesses

Last week in class I did a diagnostic grammar test and I found that I had grammar problems about


  • Verb pattern
  • Vocabulary
  • Phrasal verb
- Which of the grammar points you have problems with are more important for a) writing b) speaking c) both?
>>Both because grammar is important for all English skill. I usually write wrong essay because I don't know the correct grammar and I think grammar is necessary to speaking only a bit.

- Do you think that doing lots and lots of grammar exercises is the best way to improve your grammar?
>>I think so because when I do lots of grammar exercises I will remember it and after this I can use right grammar.

- Can you think of any other activities that you could do without having to pick up a grammar book?
>>From website, I can learn by using internet. It has many website that you can learn and it's the easiest way.

- How do you think you've learnt the grammar you already know well?
>>I think remember, do a lot of exercise and review every week. It's a good way for me. But I don't like to reveiw frequently, so if you have the best way to learn grammar, please tell me recently.

- Can you find some online exercises to help you with your grammar weaknesses. Please put a link to anything you find, then do the exercise, and paste into your blog any sentences/phrases you got wrong or would like to remember.

>> Verb pattern >> http://depts.gallaudet.edu/esl/verbpat1to3.htm

>> Vocabulary >>
http://tryon.oswego.edu/polymers/Vocabulary/index.html

>> Phrasal verb >>
http://www.churchillhouse.com/english/exercises/phrasals/

No comments: